2009年1月17日 星期六

Q5 林琦鎮

                                                  "Friends" Quiz 4 (01/16)
                                        Episode 6 : 25 The One with the Proposal
                                                 Name: Arthur  Group: FLAG
A. 
  Chandler was going to propose to Monica! However, his plan to give her a surprise while dining was ruined due to the presence of Monica's ex-boyfriend, Richard. What's more, Richard even asked Monica to marry him. 
  Rachael, Phoebe, and Joe went to a silence auction for charity. Accidentally, Joe mistook the auction as a "price-guessing"activity. He bid a boat and got it. Without so much money, Rachael helped Joe to find the "second-high" bidder and tried to convince him to buy the boat. Surprisingly, as Joe heard all the convincing words, he decided to keep the boat because it's cool to own a boat or even to be a captain. In the meanwhile, Ross was going to invite Elizabathe to a play. Nevertheless, when he was inviting her, he was bothered because Elizabathe was having a water balloon fight with her friends. He then felt the huge age gap between them and the immaturity of Elizabathe. Break-up occurred.
  After Chandler found Richard's preceding proposal, Chandler argued with him, and Richard surrendered. Consequently, Chandler proposed to Monica, and they got engaged.

 
B.
  Rachael is my favorite character since she is really beautiful, sexy, and clever. In some episodes, she responded cleverly in dangerous situations, such as when Ross and Elizabathe dated at Elizabathe's home, Rachael covered them from being found (immediately) by Paul. I appreciate her humor, too. I like to watch her performances.
  Phoebe is the one I like the least. She is somewhat unpredictable and unreasonable. Sometimes, she even made some crazy things, such as backing up Ross and Joe at the same time. Her jokes sometimes were also hard to understand.
 
C.
  Watching "Friends" is full of fun and I think it made me to be more accustomed to the speed of English foreigners speak. With subtitles on the screen and transcripts on the Internet, I can check the words I heard and those I missed one more time. I don't really know how much I improved. But I think throughout this semester, I may some day discover the improvements in listening comprehension contributed by "Friends".

沒有留言: