2009年1月24日 星期六

Student's feedback
















Do you have fun in this class?




  • Yes, I have. I really enjoy learning English in Professor Tsao's class.  Through this semester, I can really "feel" that my speaking, listening, writing and reading abilities are making progress.  At the first time, I can't make myself used to read "Advanced" every day and listen to the CDs, but I gradually find something interesting in it.  The content is meaningful and I can follow the foreigh people's accent to improve my speaking.  The most important is that professor used "Friends" as a teaching tool in class.  I can now understand what the people in the film are talking about.  I find myself more efficiently and effectively completing my norvel reading progress.  I discovered another interest in me!  I also love the content of "Intellegence"!  To sum up, I really enjoyed everything in class.(Julia)

  • What I learn from this class can be divided into three parts.  They lead me to discover the beauty of English and the world.  First, initiative of leaning.  With motivation of leaning, I can get what I want directly.  Free Reading is a good method to make initiative of learning as a habit.  In this part, I think I should develop my courage to ask qustions so that I can get information immediately.  Second, by writing reading journals every other week and having quizzes about Friends, Ithink I improve my writing skills.  I learn a very important skill in this part, "wriing stories specifically."  Last, learning skills.  With them, I can do everything more effectively and more enjoyable.  They aslo help me get on the track with the world.(Tina)

  • Of course, yes.  Taking dictation tests is fun.  It makes me absorb in every word the teacher said.  Watching "Friends" is fun.  It always makes me laugh and learn mew things of the American Culture.  Watching movies is fun.  Teacher always selects meaningful movie for us to watch.  Though I couldn't totally get what they were saying.  Making presentations is fun.  I learned a lot from doing that.  How to talk in front of people?  How to collect good information?  How to express our information to the class?  I found some answers from my classmates and my teacher. (Cate)

  • It is definately that I have a lot of fun in this class although there are many things we need to prepare, practice and do.  I think I come to a very useful class every Friday, absorbing lots of knowlege and sharpening my English skill.  Enjoying Friends, Advanced, and presentations showed by classmates, I found that English is not just a subject, English can take yu abserve the things around the world and help you express yourself. (Jasse)

  • I think this class is quite fun because we use a variety of materials instead of text books to improve our English.  By watching movies, I can learn new vocabularies from it and I won't feel bored.  By using a class blog, I feel excited because I have never done this in other classes before.  It is very convenient for us to know the recent news in class and improve our writing skills by looking at other classmates article.  By preparing presentations, I realize the importance of cooperating with my group.  The process may be hard-working, but we share our ideas and help each other to make it perfect.  Every time I achieve a new homework, I feel proud of  myself.  Without this class, I may not know how much potential do I have.(Linsay)

  • In this English class, I think I learned a lot and had lots of fun.  First, Advanced--Reading Aloud and Dictations made me carefully read the contents in Advanced.  There are different types of articles including finance, society, science and so on.  I then expanded my knowledge base, got my English abilities improved, and had fun listening to different kinds of accents in class.
    Second, group-works in class is meaningful and interesting.  While we were preparing for presentations, the interactions between our group members are hard to forget.  We made drafts, prepared power points, ate dinner together, and practiced for so many times.  These are tiring, but meaningful.  The sense of accomplishment is the source of fun.
    Third, journals were sometimes fun, too.  The materials we chose may be interesting or thrilling, and these always gave me many ideas to write in journals.
    Finally, "Friends" was the most interesting part in class.  If there's a word that best describes "Friends". that is "Fun".  It always made me laugh, and my mood always turned good due to it.
    Well, English class is not always boring.  At least, I find fun in the class.(Arthur)

  • Yes, I am.  In this class, I found out lots of things which is interesting.  First, it is my classmates who provide me with a good learning environment.  They're self-motivated to learning.  So, I always encourage myself to be part of them.  I really enjoy learning with them in this class. Moreover, the atmosphere around the class is very delightful.  When I stepped into the classroom, it seems like I stepped into a family. May be it is because we are getting familiar with one another but the main reason is, I thought, our same affection toward this class and English.  That's why we are close to one another so naturally.  Furthermore, Advanced magazine and Friends provide so many information and knowledge which are not only useful, but interesting have been improving.  Seeing the advance of my ability, I feel extremely contented and happy.(Finn)

  • Yes, I am.  At first, when I learned that I was put in the highest level, I was scared.  The reason is I don't know whether I can handle the work.  However, during this semester, I found I have not only learned a lot, but also had a lot of fun.  For example, the presentation.  It is quite interesting when our group working together for this homework, we discuss, exchange each other's opinions and decide the best part to present.  It is very exciting to stand in front of the class and try our own best to give out our perspectives and have a close look at the limit time.   Although there are still many things to be improved, it is always a good try to do all these things.  As the saying goes, "Practice makes perfect." It is really a good experience to express ourselves to others in English.(Beth)

  • Yes, I'm having some fun in this class.  I like it when our group gathering together working for the presentation about five minutes long.  I felt like a team member, and actually, I was, when we searched for the information, discussed and make the power point.  Moreover, I enjoyed watching other groups' presentations, too.  There were always some inspiring ideas in them.  And the favorite part, of course, is watching "friends".  I can really learn from having fun without the pressure of test.(Andrea)

  • Yes, I am having some fun in this class.
    Frankly, I didn't feel comfortable but a little nervous in this class at first, Because you, the Professor Tsao's teaching way is so different from the traditional way.  Another reason is that this class is advanced class.  I thought the class materials would be hard to understand.  But as the time went by, I was getting used to the way you teach, and the class materials are not so hard, and the most important is , it can pique my learning interest.  Besides, I love some ideas and thinkings you have taught, these are not just only useful in class, but can be used in life.  And the presentations make me learn a lot, for example, how to organize   a topic and transfer into some simple ideas that can make everybody understand easily, how to deal with the team members if the conflicts happen, etc.  Last, I just want to say "I love Friends! Haha".(Sharon)
       
  • Y, I am having fun in this class.  From reading Advanced out loud, I notice several good voices and accent in our class.  Watching "Friends" is the best part of the class for me.  The stories and the characters always make me laugh out loud.  "The Extensive Free Reading Project" give me the confidence of reading.  Because I always think my reading comprehension is bad, I neither like reading too  much nor have enough patient on it .  However, by free reading I get some confidence back cause I enjoy the book I chose.  Though comparing to other classes, our courses seem much heavier, I still like this way of learning. So as the presentations, frankly speaking, it is quite a trouble for us to prepare for it, however, it is extremely fun to seeing and learning from other classmates' view.  Therefore, as a whole, I like this class very much! Thank you, Professor Tsao!(Candy)

  • Every week we watch "Friends" to improve our listening skill and learn America's culture and native words.  I enjoyed the programe and feel interested.  Because I always learned English from textbook.  It's my first time to learn English in another way.  By watching fun programs, English gradually became my habit.  And I had another fun in the class.  That is the final presentation.  Our team could choose the topic by ourselves.  It was really fun when we prepared our presentation in free (style).  And I also had fun by getting new interesting information from other teams. (Lynn)

  • Yes, I am.  I have a lot of fun in this class.  Although I have to get up early and do some homework, I really learn a lot in this class.  I don't think I waste my time.  We have learned things which is meaningful.  We not only learn English but also sharpen our abilities.  On reading aloud, we become braver and more active in class.  On presentation, we knew we should avoid group thinking.  And I found doing an presentation in English is not so hard than I imagined. :D  In this class, I know I can learn English from every aspects. (Watching movies, reading books, surfing the net, etc.)(Gina)

  • Yes, I have a lot of fun in this class.  Although I feel so tired of studying and sometimes I consider preparing for presentation as pressure, I have to admit that  I am actually enjoying this course.  It help me gain a lot of information about learning, such as learning methods, attitude, and how to become more efficient.  In the class, I find that gradually I have a little courage to read and speak aloud, which is an important to me.   Watching "Friends" is what I most expect to, because it can help me relax and also learn some words and phrases.(Emily)

  • Before learning, it is more important to learn how to learn.  From this class, I learned how to be an effective leaner from many articles about learning.  I used to be a student who cannot fin good ways in learning, which made me spending much unnecessary time and learned inefficiently.  However, nowadays, I know how to plan my days and chip away big job more accurately from what have been learned in class, which help me more in other learning materials, such as "Friends" watching and Advanced learning.  Because finding true learning method, I really do enjoy the English course and do have some improvements.(Allen)

  • Yes, I am having a lot of fun in this class.  English is my favorite subject, I always watch HBO or star movies when I have free time.  I think watching movies is the best way of learning English.  You can enjoy the fun and the beauty in the movies, and you will find that your English has improved after watching them.  I gained a lot from "Friends".  Not only the happy time it gave ot me but the American culture and abundant phrases.  I also enjoy the group discussion.  Every time we discussed, I found many different and interesting opinions from my classmates.  They broadened my mind!(Winnie)

  • I enjoy everything I learned in the class.  There are three reasons.  First, I experience the whole new English teaching method that I can't imagine before such as learning everyday conservation through watching six friends and the English presentation.  At first, these kind of way to learn English surprised me but I gradually get used to it and learned many things from that. Second, teacher always gave us some useful tips of how to learn English such as read out loud when studying magazine and take notes whenever possible.  All these tips make me learn English more efficiently.  Third, teacher told us to write reading journal.  At first, I am reluctant to write it .  However, when writing it, I feel I can jump into the book more quickly and learn something from that.(Willy)

  • Yes, I am having fun in this class.
    reasons: I improve my English ability by many ways in the class.  The teacher asked to do some homework.  And the homework isn't only for test but for inspiring our interest.  Take presentation for example, I really have fun when I stand in front of the class and try to express my topic in English.  After three presentations, I find that my speech is more organized.  What's more, I enjoyed the teamwork spirit during discussing our works.  Another example is that I can finish a English book.  It is the first time I complete the reading.  As more I have read the more I can share with our group.(Grace) 







沒有留言: