2009年1月2日 星期五

RJ6陳宣汝

Name of the Book:Just in Case
Author:Meg Rosoff
Published by:Penguin Group
Year of publishing:2006
Pages:248

Charlie Case, David Case's little brother, who has just learned to walk. In a sunny day, Charlie walked into the David's room, and climbed onto the window sill. He saw the green,green grass, some beautiful flowers, a clear blue sky, the flying birds, etc. When the little birds flew past in front of his face, Charlie thought the little birdie was talking to him. It seemed that the birdie was saying " Why not fly?" After seeing this colourful and energetic world, Charlie was so excited. Then, he reached his arms out to the sky and prepare to fly...... Just the moment, David rushed to his little brother to grab him down and held him tight in his arms. David was so shocked! His shirt was soaked in sweat and he tried to calm down. But Charlie didn't know about anything, he just kept saying "Bir...die". David watched this little guy, and started to wondering "What if I didn't come just in time?". This thought kept in his mind and dragged him under.

From that day, the day David saved his younger brother's life, David wanted to control his own life. So he changed his name, and the way he looks. He left home and met a series of strange and extraordinary misadventures.

Wow,wow,wow! I'm so glad that I started to read the 3rd book in this semester. Though this is the last reading journal in this semester, I will read this book 'til the last page. While reading the novel, I found that I read a little bit slowly. I think maybe it's that this book is written by British English. Some words are quite different from the American English. But as I read more, I trust I will get used to it.


49778003 陳宣汝



沒有留言: