2009年1月4日 星期日

RJ6陳琬淋

RJ6

Book: Confessions of a Wall Street Shoeshine Boy

Author: Stumpf, Doug
Publishing Year: 2008
Number of pages: 78/290

Publishing: Harpercollins

I have to admit that I often choose books based on the cover. I feel very fortunate that I have chosen a wonderful novel. The cover of this book is a big leather shoes that many building reflect on it and the red background is so bright that attract my attention.

The leading character is a shoeshine boy from Brazil. Working on Wall Street, he has witnessed scandal, infidelity, and insider trading. Finally, because the discovery of an illegal transaction, he become a spy in the big securities company. I love the book because of it Full of exciting fast-paced. The author combines the serious and humorous, true story with the fictional characters. Let me better understand how to today's Wall Street operate. The story is so true that I believe the richest, luxury and glamorous Wall Street must have some black side that we don't realize. I admire the boy that I think he is very smart. He has ability to make big bosses tell him secrets .And I also admire his moral courage to tell the true .He will meet some dangerous and nervous conditions because doing the spy job. I have not finish the book, but I believe the boy will be safe in the end.

There are many scandals about transaction in Taiwan now. Watching the news, sometime I am confused how the complex crime can be discovered. After I read book, I know that maybe the informer is one you never notice and place on the heart.

49774203陳琬淋(Bourgeoisie)

沒有留言: