2008年12月19日 星期五

Reading Journal 5林琦鎮

49777010 FLAG 林琦鎮

Reading journal 12/05~12/18

Book: The diary of a young girl — Anne Frank

Author: Anne Frank (edited by Otto H. Frank and Mirjam Pressler)

Illustrator: No

Publishing Company: Pearson Education Limited

Year of Publishing: 1999 (New Edition)

Word Level: Intermediate (1700 words)

Number of Pages: 57

I have spotted Julia's journal after reading the book, and it touched off my wonderful memory while reading it. Therefore, I decided to reread the book I first fell in love with when I was little.

In 1942, Holland was invaded by Germans, and they then massacred Jews. All Jewish people were frightened because they might be caught or killed and struggled to avoid genocide. Thus, Frank family decided to hide. With the help of their friends, they hid in a garret and started a life full of danger, inconvenience, and love. Though life was hazardous, they hoped for the best. Unfortunately, they were discovered and captured. In the end, only Anne Frank's dad came back alive, and presented the diary Anne kept to the world.

It is my sixth time to read the book (four times in Chinese, two in English). It was recommended by my dear aunt and only after a quick browse, I then felt it matched me. Though hiding in a garret was a poor circumstance to Anne, however, it's wonderful to me. Living in a secret place without schoolwork, complicated relationship with other people and all those hustle and bustle is really appealing. I love to sink into my own dream and be alone sometimes, so I think staying in that cramped room isn't totally bad. What makes me frightened is the massacre implemented by Germans, who were really inhumane. It was unfair to kill Jews because they were good at merchandising or just wanted ethnic cleansing. And the question I have about the book is who turned informer on them.

As I read the book for so many times, it's no doubt I read it efficiently and very quickly, due to my fondness and passion for it. I have shared my insights and reflections to the book with my friends for so many times, and if I have some new ideas to tell, I'll bring it to them. My next book has been chosen, and I have read one third of it in short time. I expect it to be worth-reading.

沒有留言: