2008年12月5日 星期五

RJ4李亭儀

Book:A Tale of Two Cities

Author: Charles Dickens

Retold by: A. Johnson and G.C. Thornley

Publishing Company: Penguin Group

Year of Publishing: 1996

Word Level: 2300words

Number of Pages: 135

I have finished reading this novel this week. Wow, I really have to say this is a great novel! Although I have read this novel in Chinese before, reading it again is also a very interesting thing.

It is very hard for anyone of us to forgive someone that really hurts you deeply. However, the kind Dr. Manette, who had been held in the terrible Bastille prison for many years, had forgiven the family he hated so much. How could he be so kind? If that happened to me, I think I can't just let it go and may think about taking revenge. It is too hard to learn to forgive someone although many people think they do have the ability. When I have finished reading the novel, I realized it was the strong love that makes the hatred disappeared. In addition, I realized that even it was very tough to do that, we should try because we can be much bigger ,stronger and wiser after we went through this kind of situation. Forgiveness is a profound lesson and we might spend our whole life to master.

The French Revolution is a heart-breaking war although the people were forced to fight. Many people died whether they are evil or not, many family were broken and many people became wild and crazy-they killed people because they wanted to. I hope the revolution will never come back and this kind of event will never happen in this world ever again.

49777027 李亭儀

沒有留言: