2008年12月4日 星期四

RJ4陳宣汝

Name of the Book:Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Author:Roald Dahl
Publishing Company:Puffin Books, a division of Penguin Young Readers Group, 2005
Year of Publishing:1964
Illustrator:Quentin Blake,2005


Charilie Bucket is a cute little boy. And he loves to eat chocolates very much. But it seems that his family is too poor to buy him a bar of chocolate. Only on his birthday, the whole family would save few pennies to buy a bar of chocolate as Charlie's birthday present.
Mr. Willy Wonka, who is a genius chocolate maker, owns the largest company of making chocolate in the world. He can make chewing gum that never loses its taste, and candy ballons that you can blow up to enormous sizes, and he can make marshmallow that taste of violets, and rich caramels that change colour every ten seconds as you suck them. Here something's strange, no one to be seen to walk into or got out from the factory but the factory is still working and make a lot of delicious chocolates. That's a mystery.
Now, Mr. Willy Wonka hides five golden tickets in five bars of chocolates. And the one who gets the ticket will be admitted to visit his enormous, fantastic, mysterious factory.
One day, Charlie found a one dollar bill half-buried in the snow. Charlie had been hungry for days, so he picked up the bill right away and rushed to the store to buy himself his favorite candy-chocolate. When Charlie finished wolfing a bar of chocolate, he still felt hungry. So he bought another one. As he tore off the wrapper, there came a flash of gold......
It was a GOLDEN TICKET!!

Once again, I choose the book which has been adapted into the motion pictures as my extracurricular reading. I've read over half of the book, and I can't wait to read it all!! The main reason why I choose it because when I first saw the movie, I was very impressed about the vivid characters, the bright, colourful scenes. It brought me a lot of visual shock that it's so hard to forget. And I started to wonder why the director can shoot such a colourful film just by reading the book. So, I think the book must be word-magic that can stir our imagination. This is exactly why I want to read this book, though I've seen the movie and I love it very much. I just want to use my imagination to create my own fantasy chocolate world!!

1 則留言:

Sharon 提到...

sorry that I forgot to write down my name.I'm 49778003 陳宣汝.