2008年12月28日 星期日

Reading Journal 6 林琦鎮

49777010 FLAG 林琦鎮

Reading journal 12/19~01/01

Book: Fear Street – The Perfect Date

Author: R.L. Stine

Illustrator: No

Publishing Company: Simon Pulse (Simon & Schuster, Inc.)

Year of Publishing: 2005 (First Simon Pulse edition)

Word Level: Unidentified

Number of Pages: 147

The fear is catching. Deeply-sunk in the creepy atmosphere produced by the author, I had such a great time.

In a chilly winter, Brady and his girlfriend, Sharon, went to skiing.. Brady compelled her to slide down an extremely steep slope, and unfortunately, she crashed into a big tree and lay motionless. After Sharon's gruesome death one year ago, Brady was finally ready to get on with his life. He had a new girlfriend named Allie, but a goddess-like girl, Rosha, stole his heart and he's fallen hard. But terrible accidents seemed to happen whenever Rosha's around. In addition, a strange figure with a scarred face was following Brady everywhere he went and warned him against staying with Rosha. To my surprise, Rosha's body was actually occupied by Sharon's spirit, which was planning to take revenge on Brady. When Brady was almost killed by Rosha, the girl with a scarred face, who was found to be real Rosha, saved him. Then, the two girls started a fierce fight with the attempt to attain "Rosha's body". They tore down each other's arms, legs, and heads, and whirled through the snow with twisted necks. In the last chapter, Brady walked back to Allie to apologize for being a two-timer. When Allie was about to accept him again, he suddenly hugged her and revealed that he was dead actually, and pulled her to bury herself along with him…….

The story is perfect, I think. The whole story is narrated in an easily understood form. Though there are many unexplainable points and some segments were not given good accounts for, it had successfully created a vivid scene of the story. The weirdest point I eager to figure out was how did Brady die? Did he die of coldness (because Rosha almost killed him in a blizzard)? I just don't understand why he went to Allie's place and told her that he was dead. There are so many episodes in "Fear Street" series, and I would like to read them all in my winter vacation.

This time, I shared the story with my little sister, but she seemed to be braver than me. She asked for more terrifying stories. I think I should try to be more dauntless.

Through all the extensive readings this semester, I think there are some improvements in my reading ability. To me, the more frightful the story is, the faster I can read. An interest in a book really decides how fast one can read it.

沒有留言: