2008年12月19日 星期五

RJ5鄭宜婷

DRAGONHEART
Adapted from the junior novelization written by Adriana Gabriel
Based on the motion picture screenplay written by Charles Edward Pogue
Story by Patrick Pead Johnson & Charles Edward Pogue
Retold by Joanna Strange
Series Editors: Andy Hopkins & Jocelyn Potter
Level: elementary (600 words)
Published and distributed by Pearson Education Limited
This is a story about a knight, Bowen, lived by the Old Code, a cruel king, Einon, and a kind dragon, Draco. Once Eninon was almost died when he was a youmg prince. The dragon gave Einon half of his heart so that he could live. But the dragon want him to live by the Old Code. The Old Code is "I won't be a cruel king. I won't kill dragons and peasants. I'll love my people and be kind to them. I'll always live by the Old Code." Einon promised. But when he grew up and became a king, he didn't achieve what he has promised. He was cruel to the peasants. Bowen thought it was because the king had half of the dragon's heart. Then he tried to find the dragon and kill it. When he found the dragon, he realized that it wasn't the dragon's heart that made the king cruel. The king was cruel because he had a cruel father. And he and the dragon became good friends. They gathered the peasants together to kill the king. But because the king had half of the dragon's heart, he won't die if the dragon was live. Then the dragon sacrificed himself to let the king die at the end of the story.
I like this book very much. Among all the charactors, I like Bowen the best. He stuck to the Old Code even though no one lived by it. He was loyal to the king and tried to make Einon a good king. Although he failed to do this, he still tried to make this country better. And he finally succeeded. I admire his perseverance. I hope I can do everything with perserverance, too.
49778012鄭宜婷

1 則留言:

鄭宜婷 提到...

[補充]
Number of pages : 39