2008年12月7日 星期日

RJ4呂杰

呂杰 bourgeoisie 49774212

Basic information of the book:

Book title: Number the Stars

Author: Lois Lowry

Publishing company: Yearling

Year of publishing: 1989

Number of pages: 138

The story was happened in Copenhagen , the third year that the Nazis occupied Denmark. Annemarie, a ten-year-old girl need to protect her Jews friend, Ellen, from being captured by the Nazis. Annemarie and her family use their witness to help the Rosens. In the story, Annemarie was very brave and her bravery sent her best friend to a safe place. When the war ended, Annemarie held the Star of David, the necklace that Ellen left her, in her hands. She was looking forward for Ellen.

In the story we can see the friendship between the two little girls. The kids are innocent, but they have to live under the panic of war. We can see the cruel of the Nazis. When I read this book, it always reminds me a movie, Schindler's List. The Nazis did a lot of brutal and inhuman acts on Jews. There's no difference barbarian and their acts. But in this book, I know that not all the Nazis are bad, many of them were force to invade other countries. They had their families and they wanted to go back to Germany.

This time, I still cannot have an English reading as a routine. I gave myself an excuse, I'm a little busy. I knew I didn't use my time well. Perhaps I have to arrange a regular time to read or set up goals everyday and always a make a check before I go to bed.

沒有留言: