2008年12月4日 星期四

RJ4洪上琄

I'm the King of the Castle
aurthor : Susan Hill
re-write author: Jim Alderson
illustrator: Bob Harvey
publishing company: Penguin Books Ltd
year of publishing: 1970
word level: level 2
number pages: 74pages


Edmund Hooper lived with his father in a big house which was owned by his grandfather. One day Mr.Hooper had to go to London. So Mrs. Kingshaw would look after him. Mrs. Kingshaw had a boy called Charles. He would play with Edmund. But Edmund didn't want a friend. He hated Charles. So he always bullied him. Because he knew Charles wae afraid of crows and moths, he often took them to scare him. Therefore, Charles also hated Edmund. He decided to leave the house. But Edmund had known Charles ' plan and would follow him. By the time Charles had reachd Hang Wood, he found that Edmund followed him. And then the storm came. They went round to get under bushes. Unfortunately. they were lost. In order to survive, they worked together. So Charles thought that they became friends. But after they were rescued and went home. Edmund still fought against him. Because of some arguments, they hated each other much more and even wanted to kill each other. At last, Charles could not stand any more. He decided to suicide. And Edmund won.

After I read this book, I felt uncomfortable. So I don't like this book. I think Edmund and Charles are evil and stupid. I can't identify with them. I am even afraid of what they did. Although they hate each other, I don't think each of them needs to die. I think there are many ways to settle arguments. For example, we need to understand others first and then communicate with them. If we just do what we want, it is easy to make fights and the situation will become more serious. So I think the behavior of Edmund and Charles is not sensuble.

This time I think I choose a wrong book, because I don't like a book which ends in a tragedy. I will abandon myself to sorrow. So I hope next time I can find a book more suitable top me.

49777051 洪上琄


沒有留言: