2008年10月17日 星期五

About Language Learning & Acquisition

Dear Professor Tsao:

After reading the article, "About Language Learning & Acquisition", I do have several questions, but before that, I am going to do some introduction about me and the English.

I can still remember the question, "How do you feel about English", which was asked by one of my English teachers eight years ago, and the answer is still available now. "I have no feeling about English". For me, language is language, a tool to communicate with others. As I don't feel anything about my cell phone, I don't see any differences between them. (Maybe I do, but this is the kind of thing that you don't want to know about it)

"If there's a war, I will sharpen my sword for it, but for now, a fruit knife might be good enough." I can't even remember the last time I am studying in English, and I wonder if I ever did. The fact is that I'm keeping using it without any personal will involved, and this somehow makes me progress. So, here comes my problem:

First, I have a big trouble on writing English essays. I'm curious that it is because of my even worse Chinese writing or I'm just lack of practice. (Honestly, I nearly practice at all.) A fruit knife is good enough in most cases, but what if you got only a nail clipper. I have no idea how to turn a nail clipper to a fruit knife. (Forget about the sword, you don't need it in 21st century)

Second, it's seems that I kinda "forgot" the grammar thing; A junior high school student might know more grammar than I do, and I used to be good at it when I was a junior high school student. The more years I've been through, the less grammar I remember. Every time I write a sentence/paragraph/article, I spend more time to think "Is it OK for it? Dxxx, I really don't know."

There might be more questions, but I'm being tired of this. Remember, this is a part of the kind of things that you don't want to know about it. I think I'll just stop here. Have a good night.

Sincerely yours,

Tzu-chin Wang

ID number: 49778061
Department: Department of Statistics
Grade: 1st grade

沒有留言: