2008年10月23日 星期四

Reading journal- Pride and Prejudice

Author:Jane Austen
Re-write Author:John Macintosh
Pudlishing Company:Bookman Books, LTD.
Year of Publishing:1991,March
Level:Senior
Number of Pages:161

Since I started reading a little bit late, I've only finished two chapters so far. In these two chapters I understood that Mrs. Bennet, the mother of the five girls, was a shallow woman whose biggest wish in life was seeing her daughters getting married. And that's why she was eager to visit their new neighbor, Mr. Bingley, a single man with a large fortune. Another interesting character was Mr. Bingley, the farther of the girls. He took a passive attitude toward her wife's stupidity and he also enjoyed teasing her as an entertainment in life. Elizabeth was Mr. Bennet's favorite daughter because her intelligence was different from her sisters who were silly and ignorant. These interesting and outstanding characteristics has led me into the story and made me want to know how the story would go on.
This is not the first time I read stories in English, but it's the first time I really get into the book and enjoy the story. I think it is important to find something I really interested in, so I will keep on reading instead of getting tired of it. Reading has been the weaker part of my English comprehensions; therefore, I suppose that reading novels in the level I can handle is the first step for improving my reading comprehension.


劉家綸

49780054

沒有留言: