2008年10月23日 星期四

RJ-1

Name of the Book: Big Fish
Author: Daniel Wallace
Publishing Company: Pocket Book,2004
Year of Publishing: 1998
Number of Pages: 182


 William thinks his father is a great and an extraordinary man. But he doesn't understand his father much.He wants to know about his father as much as he could,while his father is still alive...Edward Bloom,William's father,lies dying.Though his son wants to know him better and ask him many questions,he just can't seem to stop telling jokes and the tales what he've been through.As Edward tells more and more stories,though those tales are hilarious,wretching,William becomes to understand what made his father,what he is searching for,and why he has to do.

 This book is divided into three parts.Every part contains several independent stories.Til Thursday,I've read over the Part 1.Most of the stories in Part 1 are telling about Edward's youth,and why Edward is so special,different from the others.But in Part 1,it doesn't mentioned why Edward wants to leave his home town,Ashland,Alabama.

 I always like to read some fictions which have been adapt for movies.That is the main reason I choose this book as my extracurricular reading.And I know that the most effetive reading way for me is to read about 30 minutes before going to bed. Because usually, when I go to bed,I won't fall asleep easily.But when I read before sleeping,it does help me fall asleep quickly and sleep well.And sometimes I would read while I'm waiting for the bus or while taking the MRT.It does good as well.Though I don't read many pages in a day,I don't worry much about that.Because what I care is that how happy I am during the reading time.

 I learn a great sentence from this book and I want to share with you guys,"It was a great joy but a great burden."


陳宣汝49778003

沒有留言: