2008年10月24日 星期五

RJ1

The secret garden
aurthor : France Hodgson Burnett
re-write author: Anne Collins
illustrator: Annabel Large
publishing company:  Penguin Books Ltd
year of publishing: 2000
word level: level 2
number pages: 45 pages
 
Mary always looked cross.Nobody liked her and she also liked nobody.After her parents died,she was sent to her uncle's house.Living there,she always went outside and played in the garden.One day she found a garden,which was closed for a long time and nobody could go in.Then something magic happended.
She found the door and a key to get in.But everything in there was brown,so she decided to plant flowers and grass.Because of the garden,she knew Ben Weatherstaff,who was a gardener,Dickon and Colin,who was the uncle's son.Before they knew each other,they were lonely and liked nobody.But they had become more optimistic since they worked together in the garden.In the end,they were friends and lived happily.
 
After I read the story,I think that it is important to open one's heart.Like Mary,at first she liked nobody,but she became open and clear by living close to nature.When she planted flowers,she felt happy and began making friends.So it is good to change rather than make restrictions on ourselves.
 
I think it is good to read a novel every day.By doing so,I can always expose myself to English.From this experience I think the book seems  unsuitable for me.So next time I will try different books.
 
 
49777051洪上琄

沒有留言: