2008年10月23日 星期四

RJ 1

Stories From Around The World

Retold: Heather Amer
Illustrated By: Linda Edwards
Designed By: Joe Pedley
Edited: Michelle Bates & Jenny Tyler
Publishing company: Usborne
Number of page: 61
I have read half of the book, and inside of it contains magical stories. There are stories from Australia, Persia, Greece, France, America, Germany, India, New Zealand and so on. Traditional stories and fairy tales, some of which we had read before, still facinates me a lot. For example, the first story called ''Puss in Boots'' originated from France describes how the intelligent and thoughtful cat help his master live happily ever after with the beautiful princess and win the kings trust. Though the cat's master---a miller's son who just received a cat when his father died, thinking the cat is useless at the begining, then become very grateful for the cat at the end of the story. Other stories which I've read including ''Strong Magic'', a story telling us how the koala come from, ''How the Turtle got its Shell'', ''The Magic Fish Hook'', ''The Musicians of Bremen'' and many other wonderful stories.
I think I've chosen the right book to read despite that it's easy. I followed my feeling to choose this book as my first reading journal because the pictures in this book really attracted me. The stories in it contain heroes and heroines, magic, imagined creatures and how things appear that ancestors cannot explain in the early stage of history. It helps ma learn more about the cultures in different continents. I enjoyed it very much.
In order to read more efficiently, I buried myself in this book without any conversations and noises. To make myself enjoy in it, I would read it when I'm in a good mood. That's a way I found useful when reading this book.
朱育瑩49777071

沒有留言: