2008年10月23日 星期四

English Reading Journal 1


English Reading Journal 1

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table

AuthorThomas Malory

Retold byDeborah Tempest

IllustratorJohn James

Publishing companyPenguin Books Ltd.

Year of publishingThis edition first published 2000

Word LevelLevel 2 (Elemantary 600 words)

Number of pages39 pages

By reading King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table 、I had acquired knowledge about the Middle Ages in Britain . In the story 、a brave man usually took respect to the winner after the fight and was royal to him during his life . I think it is what called knight-errantry . In addition 、King Arthur always put his people and his country prior to himself 、which I consider it a thing that a great king will do . After reading this book 、I have learned that a person will succeed if he is confident in himself .

When I am reading 、I always read aloud the content so that I can remember what I have read more than just look at the book . By doing so 、I can also take the opportunity to strengthen my speaking ability . However、there is a problem when I read the book . I always stop read the content when I see names or places that I do not know how to pronounce . What should I do 、give me some advice please ?

This is my first time reading English books choosed by myself . I do not think that I am effective in reading books . I usually delay the schedule I planed in advance for several days . However、knowing that 「A thing will be done if you take it seriously . 」 from the professor Tsao 、I make a decision to take reading English books as an important thing and to do my best to follow the schedule I have made .

49777045 周婉婷

1 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

Tina, I am glad to learn that you are beginning to enjoy reading English stories. The more you read, the more you will enjoy reading.
One advice, though. This is an exercise to speed up your reading. So, don't read out loud. Your eyes should move much faster than your lips. Reading out loudly word for word will slow you down.
Also, use comma "," in writing English. You seem to use a Chinese punctuation mark.