2008年10月24日 星期五

RJ1

Fly Away Home

Author: Patricia Hermes

From the screenplay by Robert Rodat and Vince McKewin

Re-write author: Karen Holmes

Publishing company: Penguin Readers

Year of publishing: This adaption first published 1998

Word level: Elementary (600 words)

Number of pages: 39

Amy's Mum died, so she had to live with her father who she had not seen for nine years. She didn't like her Dad and thought he is crazy. One day, she found 16 eggs and kept them in the cupboard. The next day, all the eggs hatched out. She gave names for her geese and they thought of Amy as their mother. Her Dad agreed her to keep all the geese. Both of they loved the geese very much. With the summer went past; they were worrying about their geese for the coming of winter. So, they taught the geese to follow their plane. They decided to take them to the marsh in North Carolina. They faced many challenges during the journey. Finally, Amy realized her dream and gradually loved her Dad.

Amy fulfilled her dream even though it was difficult and she had to fly to the destination without the help of her Dad. She did this with her courage and her Dad's encouragement. I think it's is good for us to take her as a model. It's really touched me when Amy finally fulfilled her dream, even though the sentences were composed by simple words.

I always bring the novel with me so that I can read it whenever I want. Since the book is light, it is easy for me to do so and by this way; I will not think of reading novels as a burden and can enjoy in it whenever I want. I think reading novels with some light music is also a good way for me. It makes me feel relaxed and can read comfortably. I love to see movies, so novels based on a screenplay is always appeal to me. That's also the reason why I chose this book.

黃韻如49777011

1 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

Did you realize you used two verbs in one of your sentences?

Carrying the book around so as to read it whenever and wherever possible is an excellent idea. As you read more, you will enjoy reading more. Keep up with the good work!