2008年10月24日 星期五

English Reading Journal 1

English Reading Journal 1
The Pelican Brief
Author:John Grisham
Retold by:Robin Waterfield
Publishing Company: Penguin Readers
Year of publishing: 1992
Word Level: Stage 5 (2300 headwords)

This novel has been adapted to a movie and it is a very successful film ,with Julia Riberts as Darby Shaw who is the leading role.
It describes that there is a law student who is the only person that knows why the murder happened.She has uncovered a deadly secret and that leads to deadly deaths.However,the justice won at last and the law student had proved that she was right.
i think this novel is very interesting and mysterious.Each murder is frightening because the author describes it very well.I can imagine the scene vividly through his words.I like this novel and I think it is a really good choice.In addition, I am happy to recommend this book to our classmates.
The only problem that I have confronted is there is too many names that I could barely remember them all! However, this novel is really worth reading!

沒有留言: