2008年10月23日 星期四

Reading Journal 1

Author: Leslie Goldman
Screen Story and Screenplay by Thomas Lennon&Robert Ben Garent
Publishing company: Barron's Educational Series
Year of publishing: 2006
Number of pages: 139
I haven't finish the whole book yet, so I'll just share the chapters I've read far away. This book is about a father Larrey, who is out of work and definitely urgent to find a job just to make ends meet. He lives with his only son Nick, also his best friend because he was divorced. However, his ex-wife is now living with her fiance Don, who is a rich guy and a successful person. Therefore, it is easy to comprehend that Larrey doesn't want to lose Don, especially when he is his son's soon-to-be stepdad. He tried lots of ways no matter legal or illegal to convince investors to support him some money. Unfortunately, nobody seems to trust him. At the moment he was almost becoming a failure, good news pop up - he got a job, a mysterious job. The job was a night guard at the museum which seems quite easy but actually not. He was totally shocked at the first night, because everything in the museum comes to life! He finally realize what the retired night guard said "Do not let anything in or OUT." (To be continued...)
I think this is an interesting novel to read. It describes every character so clearly as if they were real. I can see the love Larry gave to his son and it touches me. For example, most of the power for him to find a stable job comes from his son. This is not only a funny story, but also a story talking about love between the grownup and the child. The description of every exhibition is quite exciting when coming alive and I think that part is worth reading because it'll make you unable to stop your laughing.
By the way, choosing the right book is important. The more it interest you, the more you can persist in reading. Take my book for example, it makes me want to know whats going to happen next, so I would go across it whenever I'm in a free time. As you read through, you will feel comfortable instead of boredom!

沒有留言: