2008年10月23日 星期四

English Reading Journal 1

English Reading Journal 1
Jane Eyre
Author: Charlotte Bronte
Retold by: Clare West
Publishing Company: Oxford University Press
Year of publishing: 2000
Word Level: Stage 6 (2500 headwords)


Jane Eyre was a very poor girl. Her parents died
when she was very little, so she lived with her aunt
who was hated her. Jane was sent to the school when
she was just 10-year-old. As she was 18 years old,
she found the job as a governess at Thornfield.At
there, Jane met the man she loved and bumped into a
series of strange things.
Jane's life before Thornfield was a nightmare. Not
only Jane's aunt and cousins treated her badly, but
also the school's financial manager, Mr.Brocklehurst,
was so cruel to her. However every things changed when
she went to Thornfield. Although the master,
Mr.Rochester, treat her not friendly at the first sight,
he taught her how to free herself because he loved her.
The sentences he told her was very beautiful."You're
like a restless bird in a cage. When you get out of
the cage, you'll fly very high." What I can't understand
is that if Mr. Rochester really loved Janes, how can he
still insist to hide the important secret about himself
from Jane. I think it's not fair to Jane.
When I reading, I will not use the dictionary until I
finish the chapter. I can guess the word's meaning according
to the text. This way can really help me remember the
new words.
Choose the book Ilike is very important. Because the
story intersts me, I can read it more enthusiastic. I
didn't finish the book yet, but one thing I know is that
I will more and more interest in it.

49777064 黃怡慈

沒有留言: