2008年10月25日 星期六

RJ1

English Reading Journal 1

Bookl:The Pelican Brief
Author:John Grisham
Retold by:Robin Waterfield
Publishing Company: Penguin Readers
Year of publishing: 1992
Word Level: Stage 5 (2300 headwords)
Number of pages:73

This novel has been adapted to a movie and it is a very successful film, with Julia Roberts as Darby Shaw who is the leading role.
It describes that there are two Supreme Court judges are dead and only the law student who is the only person that knows why the murder happened. She has uncovered a deadly secret and that leads to deadly deaths because the murder are involved too many things such as oil company, political scandals, money, president election and the president himself .There are people dead one by one just because someone wants to stop the investigation to go on. The beautiful and smart law student must to protect and hide herself, and the most important things is to stay alive to tell the press the truly truth. Luckily, the justice won at last and the law student has proved that she is right.
I think this novel is very interesting and mysterious. Each murder is frightening because the author describes it very well. I can imagine the scene vividly through his words. I like this novel and I think it is a really good choice. After finishing reading this novel, I think it has piqued the curiosity of me to watch the film version. I really want to know whether the movie can completely expresses what the book has told. In addition, I am happy to recommend this book to our classmates.
The only problem that I have confronted is there is too many names that I could barely remember them all! However, this novel is really worth reading!

49777027 李亭儀

沒有留言: