2008年10月24日 星期五

RJ1張詠棠

English Reading Journal 1
The Father and the Son
Author : Nick Tsou
Year of Publishing : 2008 , March
Number of pages : 187 pages

I read one-third of this book . This chapter is called " The Father '' , which depicts how stubborn the leading character's father was . As a veteran , he always looked upon his children as his soldiers.Speaking of his wife , a young lady who had once been raped , had no love for her family . Borned in such a miserable family , the birth of the leading character and his six siblings seemed to be another tragedy.

In fact , I didn't know what kinds of book I should read at first , and I changed my determination several time . Because of the fact that this book was written by my English teacher , and part of the story is his autobiography , which interests me and I finally determined to give it a try . Though I didn't finish reading it , I am deeply convinced that most of us are living a good life compared with the description of the story .

I haven't read an English novel for a long time , so I felt somewhat difficult in the reading . In my opinion , keeping reading on a regular basis is the best way for effective reading , rather than read a lot at one time( It's an experience I had earned in this lesson . ) . Besides , selecting a suitable style of literature may also be a indispensable element in effective reading . I believe that we can read one after another by doing so .

49777046 張詠棠

1 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

Who published this book? I wonder why would your English teacher should write his life story in English. Isn't he Chinese?

"Decide" would be a better word than "determine" in both contexts of your writing.