2008年10月27日 星期一

RJ1呂岱芸

SHERLOCK HOLMES SHORT STORIES

Author: Conan Doyle
Retold by: Anthony Laude
Publishing Company: Penguin Books Ltd

Year of publishing: 1999
Word Level: upper intermediate

I like the story about Holmes. I have not finished the book yet, but I read three short stories. The first one is about a man called Mr. Neville Saint Clair who liked to beg on the street. It's a secret. He never told his wife and his children. Every morning he left home and back in the evening. But one day his wife saw him in the second floor of a place that selling opium. His wife was very worried about him, so she called the police to search the place. But they found no one except a cripple who is begging on the street. And he claimed that there was no other in the room. So Mr. Neville Saint Clair just disappeared from the room. This is an interesting story. The first time I read the story I thought the man was killed. But after finishing the story I thought for a long time why Holmes could solve this problem. How could he figure out the whole thing?

I liked the first than the second and the third ones. The second story is about an engineer who was paid to do a strange job, and was almost made himself killed. The third one is about a murder. A doctor lived with a rich man who was always worried that he would be killed. And he was really killed by two men who were bank robbers. and so was the rich man.

I don't like to read on bus or any transportation. Because I think it's very uncomfortable. I like to read on my bed, though I have to wear glasses because of it. I can relax and listen to the music I like and read the stories I like. And I can easily grab a blanket when I was nervous to read the most horrible part.

I will finish the book quickly, because I always expect the next interesting story about Holmes.
呂岱芸 49777053

沒有留言: