2008年10月24日 星期五

RJ1

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
Author: Dai Sijie
Published by Alfred A. Knopf
Translated from the French by Ina Rilke
Written: 2000 (English 2001)
Publisher: Anchor Books
Length: 197 pages

This book has now also been made into a film.

The book is divided into three parts,and I have finished part 1.I think I will finish the book in two weeks or so.

The background of this book is set in the early 1970s,the later stage of Mao Zedong`s Cultural Revolution.Two boys,Luo and Ma,are sent to a remote village in Sichuan Province for re-education.When they arrive,they are questioned by the village leader and their luggage is examined.The village leader burns a book which is found in their luggage.

When he is about to burn Ma`s violin,Luo stop him doing so by telling a lie.
They are forced to work on the mountain with winding paths,including carrying buckets of excrement used for fertilizer on their back.One day,a young girl,known as the Little Seamstress,accompany her grandfather to listen to Ma`s violin performance.Luo and Ma both like the girl and fall in love with her.

The above-mentioned is the content I have read.

I used to view reading a novel as a burden,but now I`m trying to change my thought towards reading a novel.I admit that I can learn something from reading,and I want to make it a habit to read regularly..

49777099 張耀真

沒有留言: