2008年10月24日 星期五

RJ1鄭宜婷49778012

GET SHORTY

Author:Elmore Leonard
Retold:Donald Domonkos
Series Editors:Andy Hopkins and Jocelyn Poter
Publishing and distributed by Person Education Limited
Word level:Pre-Intermediate (1200 words)
Classification:Contemporary American English
Number of Pages:38
 
  This story was beginning from Miami. Chili Palmer was a gangster. His boss died from heart attack all of a sudden, so a man called Ray Bones became his new boss. Ray made him get the money back from Leo. It led to a lot of events. The most important matter is that he got involved in the movie career which cost 500 thousand dollars. Three gangsters started to plot for the money. Therefore, Chili, Harry and Karen finally overcome all the obstacles and got the money. They also made the movie at the end of the story. 
  In this story, the one I respect the most is Chili. His wisdom of solving problems ,self-confidence and carefulness affect me a lot. He has a pet phrase " Look at me." Whenver he says that, his eyes turn cold, and his opponents always feel scared. Maybe scaring somebody is not a good matter, but what I can learn from him is his self-confidence. A man with confidence trusts himself and is the winner all the time.
  Frankly speaking, I don't really like this book very much after reading it. I can't get the point which the author wanted to tell us. Because of this, I even went to borrow the DVD of this book. And after watching the movie, I still can't understand what the author wanted to express. Maybe the biggest problem is my comprehension ability.

鄭宜婷49778012

沒有留言: