2008年11月6日 星期四

English Reading Journal 2黃怡慈

English Reading Journal 2
Jane Eyre
Author: Charlotte Bronte
Retold by: Clare West
Publishing Company: Oxford University Press
Year of publishing: 2000
Word Level: Stage 6 (2500 headwords)
Number of pages:120

Jane was poor in her childhood. It was not until
at Thornield that she had been loved. At there she
met her master, Mr. Rochester. The master disguised
as a gipsy and let Jane confess her love to him.
When they got married, a man came and told that he
was the brother of the woman who Mr. Rochester had
married to. Jane was very surprised. Although she
knew that the master's wife was crazy, she still
decided to lieve. She was disappointed and she went
to no where. Fortunately, she was saved by St.John
Rivers who she later discovered was her cousin. At
the end of the story, she got the fortune of her
uncle and she decided to go back to see Mr. Rchester.
She found he lost his sight of eyes and a hand from
the fire, but she still promised to stay with him
all her life.
I like Jane's perspective to life. She faced a lot
of difficulties in life, but she never gave up. I love
her loyalty to the master. It shows that she treated
him with her true love rather than in order to his
wealth, because she was wealthier than him in the end
of the story. I hate the master, becuse I thought if
he really loved Jane, he should told her the truth
before the wedding ceremony. Did he think that he can
marry Jane first and then told her that he had married
before? I think it very unfair to Jane.
The book I choose is not very difficult, so I can
read it easily even if there are a few words that I
don't know; however, through the text I can guess their
meanings.
English can be a very interesting lesson if I find
the way I enjoy in. Reading novels is one way I can
imagine.

49777064 黃怡慈

沒有留言: