2008年11月21日 星期五

RJ3黃韻如

Rain Man
Author: Leonore Fleischer
Based on a screenplay by Ronald Bass and Barry Morrow
Retold by Kieran McGovern
Publishing company: Penguin Readers
Year of publishing: This adaption first published 1989
Word level: Pre-Intermediate (1200 words)
Number of pages: 39
Charlie Babbitt's father died, he thought he would get a lot if money, but the money went to someone who cannot use it and he didn't know. He was very angry about that! Charlie then found out who was going to look after the money and went to see the man, named Dr Walter Bruner. There he met Raymond who was going to receive the money. Raymond is Charlie's brother but he is different from other people: he is a autistic. He can't feel and there is not any expression on his face.
Charlie then decided to kidnap Raymond for money. But after he found out that Raymond was the one he loved so much and took care of him when he was a child. Raymond is his secret friend and he missed him so much after Paymond was sent to Wallbrook. He went to see Dr Bruner again to fight for the custody. But this time, not for the money, but for his brother who loved deeply.

Rain Man was the name called by Charlie when he was little, because he couldn't say Raymond. I think this symbolized the love between Charlie and Raymond. This made a big change of Charlie and he finally found his secret man.
This book is based on a screenplay. I would like to find the movie out after reading this novel. I want to learn more about people with the problem as Raymond. And because the introduction says that the acter who played Raymond had worked very hard to learn as much as possible about people like Raymond, it attracts me more.
I have paid less time to read this week because of the mid-term exam. I think if I really want to improve my English, I should read everyday. So, I have made up my mind to read English novels everyday and for longer time than before. And I think I have to learn how to make good use of my time, too.
49777011 黃韻如

沒有留言: