2008年11月6日 星期四

RJ2李亭儀

RJ2
English Reading Journal 2
Bookl:Macbeth
Author:William Shakespeare
Publishing Company: Penguin Readers
Year of publishing: 2004
Word Level: Stage 4 (1700 words)
Number of pages:54

This is my first time to read the novel of William Shakespeare and it is really interesting. When I am reading the novel, I realize that Macbeth is one of Shakespeare's greatest and most powerful plays. It was first printed in 1623, and the story takes place six centuries earlier, in eleventh-century Scotland.

The story is about the fall of a fine man who has one terrible weakness-his political ambition. At the start of the play, Macbeth is a brave and loyal soldier who is be loved and be trusted by the kind and noble king. However, when he meets the three evil witches who predict that he will be king in the future, everything is changed. Macbeth and his wife start to make a plan to kill the king so that they can make the prediction come true. In addition, after they murder the king, they also commit crimes to let their position more safety-they kill the innocents. By the end of the play, Macbeth has become a lonely tyrant, who is hated by everyone and be killed and his wife has killed herself because of the guiltiness.

We can always learn many things from the history. It is very dangerous to be greedy because that kind of emotion will lead us to a path which is filled with schemes and fight. As the lines that Macbeth said" I have committed so many bloody crimes now that I cannot return to the person I used to be." We have to cherish the thing we owned, rather than eager for the thing that is not belong to us.

This novel is short but exciting because it is written in a form of a play. In addition, because every character has their lines, it is very interesting to imagine their talking and act. I really have a good time when I am reading the novel. It is so intriguing that I finish reading it as fast as I can.


49777027 李亭儀

沒有留言: