2008年11月6日 星期四

RJ2洪上琄

Silas Marner

aurthor : George Eliot
re-write author: Margaret Tarner
illustrator: Anthony Meadows
publishing company: Heinemann Publishers Ltd
year of publishing: 1994
word level: intermediate level
number pages: 72 pages

Silas Marner was a weaver and lived in Lantern Yard. The people of Lantern Yard respected him. So Silas's friend, William Dane, became jealous and decided to harm Silas. He purposely stole a bag of money and then told everyone that the money was stolen by Silas. Therefore, Silas had to leave Lantern Yard. After this event, he worked hard every day, He had no friends and no family. He was only interested in gold. But one day someone stole his gold. He was disappointed. Then one winter's evening a little child ,Eppie, appeared in his cottage and his life was changed for ever. He found something more valuable than his money and led a happy life.

I think that there are many things more precious than money in this world such as family and friendship. Because we have love, we become stronger. Because we have family and friends, we will not feel lonely any more. Like Silas, before he met Eppie, he was a selfish man. But because of Eppie he became gentler and had a sense of responsibility to take care of her. I think it is horrible if we don't have any love. In spite of much money we have, we just lead a empty life. I am glad that I have my family and friends.

Last week I always read the book when I took the bus.I think it is a good way because I can make good use of my time.When I take the bus,Iwill not feel bored.

49777051 洪上琄

沒有留言: