2008年11月21日 星期五

H2 呂杰

H2 Bourgeoisie 呂杰 49774212

After reading the article, I really benefit from it. I learn a lot and I have already do done some of the learning strategies, such as plan my days, tackle unpleasant tasks immediately, listen actively and capture insights. It seems that I do a lot of them and I might learn effectively. Actually, I'm not, because I didn't do it well. I should take more effort on it, but how can I improve it? How can I do it much better?

Here are some my experiences about using the strategies. After I entered to college, planning our days become very important. We have so many things to do. We have to study, join clubs and a lot of extracurricular activities. To use time well, we need to plan our days. Fortunately, I have cultivated a habit for planning my days since I was in senior high. I still have problems. I sometimes overlook my abilities. I always make a perfect schedule. In fact, seldom do I achieve my plans because the lack of motivation, execution and perseverance. I think I can improve more on these aspects.

Sometimes I use the method of tackle unpleasant tasks immediately. Especially on my eating habit, I always eat the things that I don't like at first and enjoy my meal after I eat them. When I was in junior high, I always elude the unpleasant tasks. Now, I change my mind, I tell myself, "No matter what, you still have to do it. Do it now, don't leave things until the last minutes."

On page 20, line 3, the author thinks that a car is a suitable place, but I don't think it is a good idea. If I don't turn on the air-con, it may be too stuffy. If I turn on the air-con, it may emit exhaust gas into the air, which causes air pollutions. Also, it doesn't have enough light in a car. As a curious person, I like to observe other people and see what they're doing. It distracts my concentration.

After reading the paragraph of refuse to tolerate confusion, I would like to try this strategy. When I encounter a confusing passage in my textbook, I usually take note on my book, thinking about I will ask my teacher next time or I can ask my classmates tomorrow. But I often fail to do it. This time, I make up my mind, I will raise questions bravely.

About reading for understanding, I think those steps will take me much time to do it. I wonder if I can skip some steps when I only have a little time to read an article. If the answer is "yes." Which steps can I skip? In step one, the author said, "Skim." Skim? What does "skim" mean? I can skim when I read in Chinese and I can understand 50 percent of the passage. When read in English, just as I read literary language in ancient China, I need to read one word by one word so that I can understand. Is it because I have some problem in learning English? What kind of problem do I have? And how can I correct it? In step two find the author's main purpose. To me, it is hard to find the main idea. I often think different with others. Am I wrong? Is it because of my poor comprehension ability? Is there any method to overcome this situation?

沒有留言: