2008年11月25日 星期二

RJ1(RJ3)陳彥伶

Name: Matilda
Author: Roald Dahl
Illustrator: Quentin Blake
Publishing company: Penguin Group
Year of publishing: 1996.1997
Page: three chapters (38)
Although it is late for posting reading journal one, I still post it right away. I want to make my reading journal homework completed. The novel I chose is called Matilda. It is a story about an extra-ordinary girl named Matilda. She is sensitive and brilliant. But her parents are idiots.
The three chapters I read are: The reader of books, Mr. Wormwood-the great car dealer and The Hat and the superglue.
At first, the author describes how crazy parents are about thinking their children are genius in an ironical tone. Then he give readers an opposite example which is Matilda's parents. Mr. Wormwood is a dealer in second-hand cars and Mrs. Wormwood is a housewife who likes to play bingo and watch TV. Neither of them like reading so they consider Matilda as a jerk. In Mr. Worm-the great car dealer chapter, Matilda argued with her dad because Mr. Wormwood sales second-hand cars in a dishonest way and doesn't allow her to read. She thinks that she must do something to help her to tolerate her father's idiocy. In the next chapter, she put the superglue in her father's hat to punish him.
In fact, I don't really agree the way which Matilda treat her parents. The first reason may be that I don't have such mean parents. The second reason must be that it is important to respect the elders in Chinese culture. I think I am a conservative person.
49777034 陳彥伶


沒有留言: