2008年11月20日 星期四

RJ3呂佩穎

Great Expectations
Author: Charles Dickens
Re-write author: Patricia Atkinson
Publishing company: Bookman Books, Ltd
Year of publishing: 1990
Number of pages: 133
I just started reading the book this week, and I read 11 chapters. The book is about a young boy named Pip. He was raised up by his sister Mrs. Joe, and he never saw his parents. In the first chapter, he met a convict in the marshes. The introduction on the back of the book said that the escaped prisoner would change his life, but I have'nt read about this part. One day, Joe's uncle Mr. Pumblechook took him to Miss Havisham's house. She was a rich but strange lady, she wanted Pip to play with Estella. Although Estella is proud and insulting, Pip fell in love with her.
A man named Mr. Jaggers went to his house and told him that someone was willing to pay for him to pursue his dream of becoming a gentleman. However, The benefactor did not reveal his name and ask Pip to make no enquiry about this secret. Despite that, Pip went on to London.
This book is harder than "Charlie and the chocolate factory", and I spent more time reading it. I used to read books on my way to school, but I found that I am always sleepy in the morning and I can't concentrate on my reading fully. Therefore, I will try to read my book on the desk next week to see which method is more effective to me.
49777009 呂佩穎 Pony

沒有留言: