2008年11月21日 星期五

RJ3呂岱芸

The Notebook

AuthorNicholas Sparks

Year of publishing1996

Publishing companyWarner Books Inc

I had seen this movie and I thought it is a beautiful movie. I love the way the director did in the movie. So I found this novel and want to know more about the character.

At the beginning of the story an old man walked through a passageway and entered a small room. It was an old lady's room. He stared at the lady's face. Though he knows it is forbidden, he still hopes to stay beside her. He left before the sun rose. The next morning, he sat beside the lady and started a talk. He told the lady a very toughing love story.

Noah fell in love with a beautiful girl whose name is Allie and was born in a rich family. They loved each other very much, but the girl' mother though that her daughter shouldn't love someone like Noah, beacause his family is not as rich as Allie's. Allie's mother forced Allie to leave the town Noah live. Noah could do nothing but let her go. He promised that he would write to her. Several years passed, Allie never received any letter from Noah. Her heart sunk and though Noah had totally forgotten her. At the time, Lon, a famous lawyer who had a bright future, love Allie and propose to her. But after Allie saw an news which is about a house, she decided to go back to the town to visit Noah.

After she saw Noah, every memory they had went back to her mind. She knew she just here to tell Noah that she was going to married, but deeply in her heart she still love him.

I have not finished yet. I think it is a very moving story, and I like it very much. But most of time when I read English novel, I can't felt anything. I always just read it, and know what the story goes. Maybe this time I had seen the movie first, so I like to read it and felt toughed.

49777053呂岱芸

1 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

Touched. Not "toughed". These are two very different words.