2008年11月21日 星期五

HW2林琦鎮

49777010 FLAG 林琦鎮

In these twelve methods, I have been using four of them. "Plan my days" was the first method I learned to making one day arranged well. It helped me a lot when I was confused about what I should do everyday. It made my day plan simple and easy to carry out. "Chip away at big jobs" was definitely useful in dealing with big tasks. The benefits from using the method were most apparent when coping with reports. It cut the complicated course into pieces, and by doing the reports little by little, it may be done with less efforts, and less pressure on time. "Read for understanding" was the method that I used to read "Advanced". It's really helpful especially when I was confused about the meanings in one paragraph. I read it more times, and with the passage of time and meditation, I usually could get it. "Keep a journal" is what we were asked to do twice a week. It also included the notes and what we learned in the class. I have done it since this month. Though, not knowing it may be helpful to my study or not, I think at least I can leave both some memories in the books I read and knowledge I got in class.

As far as I know, the methods arranged in the paper were nice. In my daily lives, these often appeared as liberators since they may solve many problems. I agreed with most parts of what the author recommended.

"Capture insights" and "Study efficiently" are the ones I would like to try most. The former could help me to record some vital things or great ideas occur to me temporary. The latter would help me efficiently organize me day and give me sense of achievement. I will always take a little notebook with me to record daily unexpected ideas or important appointments and study at night to midnight, my most energetic time.

Is "Listen actively" really practicable? I've tried many times since I was in senior high school. It often doesn't work too much since I sometimes fall asleep or feel boring about it. Is there any way to focus on the lecturer and make myself find interest in it? Moreover, "Turn these strategies into habits" do need lots of time. Are there any shortcuts to achieve the goal?

沒有留言: