2008年11月21日 星期五

RJ3呂杰

RJ3~Miss Potter bourgeoisie 49774212 呂杰

Basic information of the book:

Book title: Miss Potter

Author: Richard Maltrby Jr.

Publishing company: Penguin group

Year of publishing: 2006

Number of pages: 189

The story continued. Mr. Warne helped Miss Potter publish her book. It earned her a fortune. Most important of all, she fell in love with Mr. Warne. Miss Potter also made a new friend, Millie, Mr. Warne's sister. She helped Miss Potter a lot. When Potter and Warne wanted to get married, Potter's parents did not approve of their marriage. After they overcame the disagreement, they should have got married, but they didn't. Mr. Warne died of sick. Miss Potter was heartbroken. At that time, William Heelis, a solicitor, gave her comforts and accompany with her. Finally, Miss Potter and Mr. Heelis got married.

In the story, we know that Beatrix Potter is a very different kind of women. She has her thoughts. She's brave enough to find her true love and make her dream come true, publish a book. She tries every effort to achieve her goals, fussy about her work. For instances, she drove a printer crazy mixing ideal colors.

When I read to the part that Potter's parents do not agree her marriage, I thought how old-fashioned they are at first. But after a deep thought, I agree her parents. How come a woman can marry a man that they only knew each other for few months. As an ordinary woman in that era, a woman only met a man in her parents arrangements. I don't think Mr. Warne actually is her Mr. Right. After all, she met little friends.

The story just happened as what I guessed. Miss Potter and Mr. Warne fell in love, but I didn't guess that Mr. Warne will die. I stunned with Beatrix. What a pity!

The author gave deep descriptions of the characters interactions. I can feel the characters' emotions. I said that the book is not fascinated to me last time. This time, I really enjoy reading this book and it is a fascinated novel.

沒有留言: