2008年11月21日 星期五

RJ3李亭儀

Book:A Tale of Two Cities
Author: Charles Dickens

Retold by: A. Johnson and G.C. Thornley

Publishing Company: Penguin Group

Year of Publishing: 1996

Word Level: 2300words

Number of Pages: 135

I haven't finished this novel yet. Because I have read this novel in Chinese before, I am interested in reading it in English and it really gave me another feelings and different thoughts.
This novel is written by Charles Dickens who is known to be one of the most popular writers of all time. A Tale of Two Cities is a historical fiction. It is set in London and Paris at the time of the great uprising of the French Revolution. It was really a terrible period because there were battles everywhere, life was hard and many people died. We can always learn many things from the history.
Because I am familiar with the history of French Revolution, I can easily imagine the scenes which the novel has mentioned. Most of the books write the history about the government; however, I think this novel probably provides me a chance to see the revolution in a different way. It described what people did, what people thought and why they rose against the government at that time. It was sad because they were forced to fight for their living, the justice and so on.
I like this novel because it told us even the time was chaotic, there were not only depression and anger but also true love. I think that represents hope although the love brought to a death and sacrifice, it also brought to freedom. I think I will try as fast as I can to finish this novel.
49777027李亭儀

沒有留言: