2008年11月7日 星期五

RJ2鄭宜婷

Tuesdays with Morrie

author:Mitch Albom
poblishing company:TIME WARNER BOOKS
year of publishing:1997
number of pages:210
I think I can realize why this book is one of the bestsellers though I haven't finished it.(sigh) After I read a chapter, I thought the content over and over. It is difficult to express how touched I am, but I'll try my best.
This book is mainly composed of the dialogues between the author, Mitch, and his old professor, Morrie. I learned Morrie's attitude to the life from the dialogues. He was a dying old man. But he thought that he was a lucky person who had time to say good-bye to the people he loved. And before he died, he could leave something for the living people. Maybe they are his thoughts of death, family, emotions, love, and so forth.
I am really moved by some of his words. He said: "You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anythig for granted." When I read this sentence, I almost cried. Last sunday, I was scolded by my father because after I entered this university, the time I stay at home was greatly less than before. He thought that I considered my friends were the most important in my life and family was not that important. And he thought that I took my parents' love for granted. Well, I felt very sorry. Morrie and my father are right. I shouldn't take their love for granted even though they're my parents. I should feel an immense gratitude to them. After all, not everyone has this chance to have such nice parents like them. By the way, I called my father to say sorry today. And I told him I really love them.
This book affacts me vastly. I will express my love and gratitude to others in my life more often.
49778012 鄭宜婷

沒有留言: