2008年11月25日 星期二

HW2 莊艷兒 BBC

A. Which ones of these methods are you already using? How do they work out for you? How's your experience compare with what Ruggiero (the author of the book) has to recommend?

1.Plan my days:

I plan my days every morning. And it's really helpful for me when I have too many things to do in one day. However, sometimes I forget to make a plan. Then things go wrong.

The method I use to plan my days are a little different from the author's. Every day, I bring a sheet of paper with me. The content of the sheet of paper includs the things I need to do today and something which happen today and I sould do it in the future. So, every mornig, I have to do two thing. First, I put the things I shoud to do in the future on yesterday sheet of paper in the right date in my schedule book. Then, look up the schedule book to see what I sould do today. With the method, I can not only be more efficient but also be clearer about what I shoud do today.

2.Read for understanding:

Actually, I 've already known the strategy from a book. However, read for understanding confuses me sometimes. When I try to catch the important meaning, I lose some details. Often, I miss too many details. So, I think I shoud make a balance between grasping main idea and understanding the whole thing.

B. Which ones looks interesting and promising enough that you are going to try out? What's your plan?

1.Tackle unpleasant tasks immediately:

I tend to procrastinate when a task is unpleasant. I hope I will put unpleasant tasks high on my list of priorities next time so I won't do it hastily again.

2.Refuse to tolerate confusion:

In the strategy, it said, " if you encounter a confusing passage, don't just hope that passing of time will clarify its meaning. Instead, reread the passage ALOUD and slowly, listening to the words. " This stratage reall interests me. My brain always goes blank when I ' m confused about the passage. And I always do nothing except letting the time passing. The way suggests me that I shoud be more active and read aloud. I will try..

C.Questions about these methods?

1. I know that choosing a suitable place is important, but I found it hard to find a suitable place to study. Is my mind too easily-disrupted? What sould I do?

2. When I try some stratagies like Read for understanding or Keep a journal, I always spend too much time. How can I manage my time better?

49774240莊艷兒 BBC

沒有留言: