2008年11月7日 星期五

RJ2: 王媺循

Book:A TALE OF TWO CITIES
Author:Charles Dickens
Publishing Company:Macmillan Education LTD
Year of publishing:1962
Word level:Unidentified
Number of pages:116


I just begin reading this book.Beacuse last book is expired,I need to return to library.The background of this story is based on French Revolution.The story begins with passengers who were walking at a cold damp foggy night.A Dover mail is sent to Mr.Jarvis Lorry.(A Dover mail means a mail coach which carried letters.)I can't understand what the mail is telling about.After others leave,Mr.Lorry begins to doze,and each time he doze he dream that he was on the way to dig someone out of grave.In the next morning,Mr.Lorry meets Mrs.Manette and talking about her father.Her father have seemed to be disppeared and left her an orphan.
This is a brief context what I have read.I read a little,so I can't totally understand the whole story.I have read a sentence I don't understand.It says"If I were meant to cross salt water,do you think I'd born in an island."It is a good experience for me to read an original book and write a reading journal.Once I don't look up the dictionary,I can try to guess what words mean,and it is helpful for me to have more interest on reading original book.


49777026 會計一B王媺循


1 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

Who re-wrote the story?