2008年11月21日 星期五

RJ3張詠棠

English Reading Journal 3

The Father and the Son

Author : Nick Tsou
Year of Publishing : 2008 , March
Number of pages : 187 pages(126-187)

The last chapter "The Father and the son" describes the subtle change between the main character and his father . At first , the little boy didn't know why his father treated them as if they were his soldiers . As time went by , he gragually understood the misery of his father ,and learned the fact that a lonely man , who was betrayed by his wife , was eager of love than any other . After the son had married and believed in God , he has matured either in boy or his mind . He began to think in other's situation . All he should know in his age is treasure the precious things he owned at present , not live in the shadow of the past .

Though this story is half imaginary and half true , the key meaning author wants to express to us is obvious - to cherish the moment when you can breathe . Thanks to the reading , I gained more understanding in my real life .

After one month's reading , I finally finished the book . Next time , I want to choose another style of literature . Maybe a horrifying story or a science fiction . I hope that I can improve my English by continuous reading , and by the various styles of books .

49777046 For God's Sake 張詠棠

沒有留言: