2008年11月20日 星期四

RJ3洪上琄

Tales of Goha

aurthor : Lealie Caplan
illustrator: Peter Rush
publishing company: Heinemann Publishers Ltd
year of publishing: 1973
word level: intermediate level
number pages: 64 pages

Goha is a clever man. There are two stories about his cleverness. The first story is The Two-story House. Goha wanted to sell his house in the ground floor. But he didn't find anyone to buy it, so he decided to convince the merchant who lived on the upper floor. At first, the merchant didn't agree, because he enjoyed living above everyone else. Therefore, Goha decided to pull down his ground floor so that the merchant would never live above. The second story is The House In The Sky. A rich man, Saba, hated Goha. He decided to trick Goha. Because he knew that the king didn't like men who was boastful, he deliberately told the king that Goha can build a house in the sky in three days. In order not to offend the king he thought up an idea. He made a kite which looked like a house and painted little men on the paper. After he finished, he led the king to the garden. When the king saw the house in the sky, he was surprised and thought Goha was a wise man.

I think Goha is a clever man. He can solve his problems without argument. When he faces the difficulties, he always thinks up an idea to get away from it. I admire his cleverness and his attitude to solving problems. When the king ordered him to built the house, he didn't upset and didn't think someone wanted to defeat him. He just do his best to finish the mission. Besides, it is important that we can't take advantage of our cleverness to do bad things. We can solve problems and help others in a wise way rather than do evil things.

Lately, I began listening to music when I read the book. I felt relaxed and comfortable. But I would read the book at a slower pace. So I think this method is just suitable for me when I have my leisure time.

49777051 洪上琄

沒有留言: