2008年11月6日 星期四

Reading Journey #2王子瑾

Subject: Reading Journey #2 2008 10/24-10/31


The story takes place in London, a city once I was so eager to go. Time is passing, and the desire of going to London had also passed, not because of the London born British guy I met few years ago, (though he don't look like he was born in London but hell) but the passion I've once got just disappeared by some reasons you could not figure out. People would say time is the most powerful magician, it changes everything, but I don't think it's the main reason.

To me, it was a dream, though I was foolish and ignorant when I had it, it's still a dream, and it's a dream had never ever come true, this make it even more precious. The book reminds me of the dream, and the dream reminds me of the person I once was.

Now I'm thinking of my newest dream I've had. Will this one also be forgotten before I have the chance to make it come true or become to a totally different thing from the original one (Trust me, this often happens)? Which one is more pathetic and which one is better? Being forgotten or being rewritten? Am I talking about dreams or am I talking about living in the world? I can't tell.

People grow up with dreams and leave them away like old clothes they could not wear when they do grow up. I can almost feel the sorrow for those dreams, but still I don't feel anything about it, you can't really feel something for unreal things. I do feel something real: I can feel some parts of me died when every dream disappears. Another question: Am I real or am I also a dream? Hmm…I can't tell it again.

Let's talk about living. "Are people without dreaming still living or they are just being alive?" People said alpha, people said beta, and people said charlie. Who are the people? Charlie? Are you? I know I'm not and maybe you are not either. Who are they then?

I had dreams and I have dreams. Yes, I do. Do you?

Tzu-chin Wang

49778061

1 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

You wrote mostly about your reflections upon what you read. It would be better if you could describe (in sketch) the development (of the plot, the characters, etc.) of what you read. You must provide some context for readers to make sense of your reflections.