2008年11月21日 星期五

RJ2(rewrite)陳琬淋

DEAR Prof. Tsao

I think that my mail had some problem last week, so my article looks strange. I rewrite Reading Journal 2 .Please overlap the old RH2.Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours,

Lynn

RJ2

Book: Animal Farm

Author: George Orwell

Publishing Company: Bookman Books

Number of Pages: 113

Animal farm is an interesting fable. The outline of the story is that there are animals living in a farm and the owner of farm always abuses them. Finally, the animals are unable to stand unjust treating. They revolute and overthrow the host. Animals successfully establish their own farm and live in peace at first. Gradually, the leader of animals-a pig called Napoleon begins to abuse authority. The farm fell into disorder as before.

I had read Chinese edition before, so it is easier to me to realize the metaphor of story this time. I think that the story is a reflection of modern society. Author wrote this story to hint that people is greedy and eager for power and authority. Avarice not only happens in political events but also in our surrounding-company, class and all kind of organization Maybe, greed is human's inherent element and none of us doesn't desire for power. But after reading this short story, we can examine ourselves, our country and our world. By trying to restrain our desires and being more selflessness, our world must be more peaceful.

I am glad that I read this book in my youth. From now on, I will remind myself not to be greedy. Animal Farm is really a classic and meaningful novel. It's really worth reading.

449774203 陳琬淋(Bourgeoisie)

沒有留言: